Are you one of these folks?
If so you officially have NO MORE excuses! That’s if you live in Halifax. If you are living outside of Halifax you have an excuse for a little while longer. For those of you living in Halifax without a professional picture head to Iris Booth asap! Well maybe not today since we are currently being hit by some crazy snow! For those of you who haven’t heard of Iris Booth.Do yourself a favour and check out their website, follow them on social media and make a plan to head down to the machine which is currently in Sophie’s Place (Old Mills on Spring Garden Rd).
Thankfully I wasn’t one of the above folks without a professional picture. I had a professional picture but it was a year old and thanks to The Well I had some freebies waiting for me! I was excited to see what Iris Booth was all about! I headed down to Spring Garden on January 29th for my new professional pics, outfit was picked, hair was straight, makeup was done. The weather, however, wasn’t on my side. I’m not sure if any of you remember but January 29th was one of our Friday storm days. The morning was rain and the afternoon was snow. Aside from the messy hair I was very happy with the pictures. I was in a rush the first time so I did go back and got them done a second time. So I now have 2 amazing new professional pictures and not just 1. Here’s the 2 pictures!
The process was pretty straight forward and super easy! Here’s the steps:
- Go to website http://irisbooth.com
- You will then get a code to your email
- Scan code in the machine
- Machine opens and you go in. There is a chair, you simply sit down, have a look at mirror and photos are ready to be taken.
- Look at the camera, fix your hair, smile and press the foot pedal for your first photo. You will have 6 photos taken overall.
- Once you are done, they ask you to check your phone to make sure you have received the photos.
- You will receive the 6 photos to your email. To download the photos and be able to use them THEN you will need to pay $20. Once you pay the $20 the photos are yours and you can do whatever you wish with them.
$20 for a professional photo is beyond cheap and unheard of! Take advantage of Iris Booth and get your professional photo done! A professional photo is great for your resume, your social media feeds especially for LinkedIn.
Have questions about Iris Booth or social media? Just ask 🙂
Have a great week and stay safe!